It's easy to take trees for granted. After all, it looks like they stand around and do nothing. But, in reality, they're very busy doing many jobs that are very essential.
1) Many animals, such as birds, squirrels, raccoons and a variety of insects, spend much of their lives in trees.
2) We probably can't think of anyone who lives in a tree, but many of us live in wooden houses made from trees. Furniture and many other obvious items inside our homes are also made from wood.
3) Not to be forgotten are the jobs that trees provide for people - loggers and tree planters, for example
4) Many types of trees provide food for people too. Apples, pears, peaches and cherries come from trees, as do nuts like walnuts and hazelnuts.
5) The quality of our environment - the air, soil and water - depends on the roles trees play. Trees help create rain as they expel moisture into the atmosphere: their roots draw it from the soil and their leaves return it to the air. Trees clean the air we breathe by taking in carbon dioxide through the leaves and then giving off oxygen we need to breathe.
6) Trees provide shade in the summer to help cool our homes. In the winter, they block wind to help warm our homes.
So…hug a tree, they deserve it!!!
Let McCullough’s Tree Service take care of all your “tree” needs.